PR for Creatives: Excel at doing your own PR with style and on a budget
Having a great business idea alone is no longer enough. Building awareness of your brand through being featured in the press is essential for the growth of your business. But PR agencies are too expensive when you are at the early stages and often deliver disappointing results.
Moreover – no one can tell your story and market your product better than you – the designer.
You don’t need a big budget to do that either.
This master class will show you how you can start to do your own PR that gets you results on little or no budget.
This event will cover essential elements needed for getting into the press and generating exposure for you and your brand.
- PR vs Marketing – Often confused, they serve different purposes and need different approaches.
- You and your story: Press is always looking for great stories and so we will discuss the importance of you and your brand’s story as a foundation. What is your mission/purpose and concept?
- Press materials: Once you have your story nailed, the next step is to have all the visuals ready for press. Publications have different structures and features but there are common content and press requirements e.g. photography types, press releases, which you need to have available at short notice.
- Research: Your PR expectations will depend on the research you do prior to pitching to press. Research is, therefore, a vital step to making your PR efforts effective.
Related reading: How to Write a Fashion Press Release
Where do you see your brand to be featured?
What is the best place of exposure for you and your brand?
- PR Strategy: You only get clarified on your PR strategies once you have the understanding of what each publication is looking for through the research you’ve done. Setting PR strategies effectively will depend on your expectations, the right publication for your brand and timing.
- Pitching: We will discuss the best and innovative angles of how.
To book your place at the event – purchase a ticket here.
Become a Fashion Insider
Join our community of fashion entrepreneurs, brands and manufacturers. Receive weekly newsletters full of inspiration, article alerts and tips on how to grow your business and create better products.