On Wednesday 29 July, 2015, Dessy Tsolova, founder of Fashion Insiders, will join James Eden of Private White VC, Denise Pearson of Deni-Deni, and Paul Alger of the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) at Manchester Fashion Network’s event Made in Britain – Who Cares? as part of the panel discussion on British design and manufacturing.
The event, sponsored by Shoosmiths, will take place at Hello Hub in Manchester, and Dessy will share her 20 years of experience in fashion production to balance the discussion on the development of the Made in Britain label.
The focus of the evening will be British design and manufacturing, and will feature debates on:
- Are we really seeing a shift back to UK manufacturing?
- Who does Made in Britain appeal to?
- What are the opportunities available to items produced in the UK?
- Is manufacturing in the UK really cost-effective and sustainable?
- What schemes and funding are available to those manufacturing in the UK?
- What hurdles do UK manufacturers face and how can they be overcome?
- How do you find British manufacturers? And how do working relationships differ from sourcing and production abroad?
- Do you think that it’s simply not good enough that we have homemade talent in every section of the fashion industry, yet so much production is outsourced to countries abroad? Or do you think that ‘needs must’ and ‘you gotta do, what you gotta do’?
British Design and Manufacturing
These are real issues that will affect you, so if you’re feeling fired up and ready to network, join the debate, for the sake of your commitment to your fashion business.
Early bird tickets are available until Wednesday 22 July 2015 and will cost £10 for Members of Manchester Fashion Network, who should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Early bird tickets for non-members are available here for £20.
Standard price tickets for Members of Manchester Fashion Network are £15. Tickets for non-members are £25.
6:30 pm: Networking and Drinks
7:00 pm: Presentation and Q&A
8:00 pm: Networking and Drinks
8:30 pm: Close
Whatever your belief is, it’s important that you meet your fellow fashion professionals and hash it out for the benefit of all British design and manufacturing. Knowledge is power, after all.
Sponsored by Shoosmiths.