Two-hour masterclass led by an industry expert to be hosted on 18.04.2017
About this class
At Fashion Insiders we support businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups to help them create the next successful fashion brands of the future.
Having a great product idea alone is no longer enough. You need to be able to visualise it in detail and communicate this idea to a pattern from which your product will be made.
Many people don’t realise that you need a pattern cutter to translate your idea before it becomes a product. This is true for clothes and accessories alike.
The process sounds daunting but the more you know in advance, the better the product outcome you will achieve. You don’t have to learn how to pattern cut but knowing the basics and methodology is a huge help, saves time and money.
Who is this for?
You have an idea but don’t know where to start and how to ensure it is translated properly.
You know a bit about pattern cutting but would like to have a view of the bigger picture and know the basics better.
You have been trying to do it yourself but finding it difficult and feel like you may be doing something wrong.
This event will cover the essential elements
- Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- What is Pattern Cutting and why we need it
- Types of pattern cutting and when are they best used
- Flat Conceptual (Pattern Magic)
- Deconstruction Pattern Cutting – Deconstructing an existing garment or soft material accessory is an easy way of getting a pattern that you can use to adapt, copy or make a new improved one. Moni will demonstrate how easy it is to do.
- From idea to pattern to the product – the steps necessary to take to bring your idea to life.
- How to find the right pattern cutter for your idea.
- Ask-Me-Anything session
You will leave knowing not only the basics of pattern cutting but walk away confident of how to find a pattern that will help you translate your idea into a product.
This is an entry-level class, but you can come with a project or a business idea you’re ready to work on so that you can ask questions and make notes specific to your business/product as you go through the masterclass.
About the instructor
This masterclass will be delivered by Monisola Omotoso – a graduate from Middlesex University with a degree in Fashion and Textiles, Moni is a highly skilled individual with over 20 years experience in the Fashion Industry. With a wealth of knowledge gained through consulting for a variety of clients, she can confidently provide solutions and answer all your questions.
You can buy tickets for the event here
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!