Meet Arlette Ess – a self-taught artist and ex-model who turned her art into wearable creations. And not only that…her works of art can now be bought at Hermes – the luxury brand that exemplifies art, craft and luxury.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- How Arlette got her start in the fashion industry
- Why she escaped working for the high street as a print designer and the contrast between designing for the mass market and designing for luxury clients.
- What Arlette’s design process looks like and how she has learned to value and price her works of art.
- The mind shifts she has had to make in order to be able to build a brand and business around her art
- How she overcomes objections that may cost her sales.
- How she manages the fear of making mistakes
- The idea of success and what it means to her. How Arlette chose to recognise herself as already being successful.
- …and so much more.
“I create designs that people can enjoy without owning them and I’m ok with that”
“High-end fashion – how do people enjoy it? By buying a knockoff or admiring from something without buying it – and that’s ok!”
“Having a low self-esteem is a waste of time”
Discover Arlette’s art and brand here:
About the Podcast Host:
Dessy is the author of Become a Fashion Insider book and the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands. (Buy the book here: https://amzn.to/35wo2y9 )
Discover more great content on our YouTube channel.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!