A childhood love for hats became a thriving business for Swiss-born, Thailand based Anne-Claude, the founder of accessories resort brand Mon Panama.
When the pandemic came, the demand for her retail business overnight dried up. But closing down never crossed her mind. Her passion and determination to save her “business child” led her to pivot to survival.
Listen to this episode and discover:
- How Anne-Claude started the MonPanama hat brand;
- Discover the origins of the famous Panama hats (hint: you’d be surprised to know they do not come from Panama at all);
- How she overcame the challenge the pandemic presented to her and her business model at the time; how she pivoted her business model and repositioned herself and her brand;
- What are her challenges and how does she deals with them in terms of product development and manufacturing;
- How she works with local artisans
- How she plans to retail new material collections to her international markets
- and much more….
- “When you are so much inside of your brand you don’t see what’s in front of you”
- “Believe in yourself and love what you’re doing”
Connect with Anne-Claude via:
About the Podcast Host:
Dessy is the author of Become a Fashion Insider book and the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands. (Buy the book here: https://amzn.to/35wo2y9 )
Discover more great content on our YouTube channel.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at insider(at)fashioninsiders(dot)co
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!