Stephanie Irwin has worn many hats within the fashion industry and as a podcaster, she knows more than most about what the true face of the fashion industry is. In this episode, we speak to Stephanie however about her job as a UX designer within a large fashion online e-com retailer. Her knowledge, tips, and insights are a must listen to for brands focused on growth and success.
In this episode discover:
- How Stephanie got her start in fashion;
- The problem with fashion internships and entry-level jobs;
- Why Stephanie considers “entitlement” to be one of the biggest problems in the industry at present;
- What is UX, why it is so important to know about it and design your website with it in mind?
- Why so many brands use Shopify;
- Simple tips on how to test your website design and functionality and see where and how you can improve it;
- Why speaking at your customers is so important;
….and much more.
- You don’t have to be the best at something, you just have to be different.
- If you think you know, but you’re not sure…stay curious – meet people and ask questions
- Success metrics are good but getting real-time feedback from real people is a crucial component to growth.
Connect with Stephanie at:
Essentialism by Greg McKeown >>> Buy it here
Effortless by Greg McKeown >>> Buy it here
About the Podcast Host:
*** If you would like to book a powerful Breakthrough Power Hour and work through a challenge or strategize how to launch or grow your fashion business, book an hour with Dessy here***
Dessy is the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands.
Fashion Insiders & Co
official website: http://fashioninsiders.co/
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at email@example.com
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!