Following graduation Chelsea Chu was lucky to find employment quickly in the fashion industry. And not just any job but a buyer’s position for an online luxury retailer.
In this interview, we look into the role of a buyer in the industry and what led her to decide to launch her own brand, and the challenges she is encountering along the way.
- What it is like to be a buyer in the fashion industry; what does the job entail?
- The importance of knowing your target customer profile and how this helps buyers when they select what to buy.
- How men’s shopping habits defer from women
- What led her to want to launch her own brand
- What business model she would like to follow for her own business and why.
- Why educating your customer is important to do.
- As a buyer, you need to at all times balance the point of view of what is commercial and what is visually appealing
- “Typically the mass consumers will not care about sustainability because they prioritize looking good and cost first”
“To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out The World” by Lucy Siegle
About the host:
Dessy is the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands.
Discover more great content on our YouTube channel.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at email@example.com
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!