Meet Sonia Summan – a multi-talented fashion industry expert who has spent 20+ years specialising in sales for a wide range of brands from the high street to the luxury segment of the industry. Quite honestly – there is nothing Sonia doesn’t know about growing a fashion brand vis a vis different routes to market. Which is what this episode is all about…
Listen to this episode and discover:
- What Sonia’s current role in the fashion industry is (clue: she wears more than one fashion hat) and how Sonia learned to be a top sales expert;
- How the sales opportunities within the industry have changed over the last couple of decades and what are they (hint: Sonia has been part of setting up JVs, franchises, wholesale, licensing, retail set up and more…)
- What caused her leave working for fast fashion (there were weeks when she made over 1 million pounds in sales in that one week alone) and pivot; working for fast fashion meant that sometimes she was involved in selling over 52 collections a year;
- The importance of networking as a brand growth strategy and getting organic reach
- The importance of having a two-fold sustainability outlook – environment and business.
- When is licensing the right route for a small brand to explore and how to make the best of this sales option
- what she do now and why she is so happy at this point of her career.
- High street selling is about volume (margins can be lower) and has to hit the MOQ of the supplier whereas in luxury fashion sales numbers are lower and there is a focus on nurturing the customer along the buyer journey.
Connect with Sonia via:
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN THE FASHION COLLECTIONS THAT SELL
- Join the waitlist HERE and be the first to know when Fashion Collections That Sell training opens for enrolment. Discover how to create a steady flow of supply and demand for your fashion business.
About the Podcast Host:
Dessy is the author of Become a Fashion Insider book and the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands. (Buy the book here:
Discover more great content on our YouTube channel.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a 5 *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at insider(at)fashioninsiders(dot)co
Become a Fashion Insider
Join thousands of other fashionpreneurs and get excited about your inbox again!