Katie Ramsingh is a fashion copywriter specializing in writing copy for fashion brands that target the Gen Z and Millennial market.
Having worked with some of the world’s most influential and exciting fashion brands (Louis Vuitton, Harvey Nichols, Farfetch, The Body Shop, Rimmel), she knows firsthand how good fashion copywriting can convert browsers into buyers.
In the podcast interview, we delve into the importance of copywriting and setting the tone for your brand, the common mistakes creatives make with website copy which costs them ranking and sales, why she loves working for the niche she serves, and more.
This and more she shares with us on this episode of the podcast.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- What copywriters do and why brand owners need to hire one
- The importance of the About Page on your website and what to write on it
- Why you need SEO as part of your copy and how to subtly infuse your website with the right words so your website is more discoverable
- Why she specializes in working with Gen Z and Millennials
- What industry changes and developments she is noticing and is excited about…
… and much more.
- One of the biggest mistakes creatives make is duplicating the content on their product pages, which leads Google to downrank their website.
- If you create a brand bible and define clearly the tone of your brand’s voice, you will be able to ensure continuity in the way your brand is presented across all marketing channels regardless of who is writing and working for your brand.
- There is a clear distinction between building a business and a brand. If you are creating a brand, you need to ensure a 360* consistency in your brand’s visual and verbal presentation at all times.
About the host:
Dessy is the founder of Fashion Insiders & Co – an online platform supporting fashion and creative entrepreneurs who are in the process of launching and growing purpose-driven brands.
Discover more great content on YouTube
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a *star* rating and a review on iTunes – it helps us get this podcast discovered by more listeners just like yourself. Thank you.
To submit any questions or get in touch with topic suggestions, write to us at [email protected]